Monday, February 15, 2010

The Better Zester

 Product Review: Microplane Rasp Grater

I love using fresh citrus zest in my recipes. I won't even tell you how I was trying to get the zest before I had an epiphany: to buy a zester!  I went to WalMart and purchased a hand grater and was thoroughly disappointed when I got it home and started using it.  I whined for a few weeks about wanting a real zester.  Finally, my son put me out of my misery and bought me the Microplane Rasp Grater from Williams-Sonoma for Christmas.

I was a little worried about the citrus zest being too fine but this is the perfect zester.  The blades are very sharp so grating is virtually effortless.  It also works really well for hard cheeses, chocolate and more and comes with a protective storage cover to minimize injuries while stored in a drawer or cupboard.  Because of the sharp blades and the curved design on the edges, the underside can be a little tricky to clean.  I use a small brush to clean the surface and under the curved edges. This handy, dandy little gadget makes zesting a snap and at a cost of only $14.95, it's a must-have in the kitchen.  I give it 5 stars! *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this post!