Friday, December 24, 2010

Rave: Island Coconut Coffee by Green Mountain Coffee

Are you old enough to remember those little rectangular-shaped coconut cookies they used to sell back in the day? They were flat w/horizontal fork lines in them and were sold two for a penny? A lot of corner stores and penny candy stores sold them. They'd put the cookies in a brown paper bag--it seemed like a million of them for a quarter--and by the time you got home, the oil from the cookies had seeped through the bag. They were without a doubt the best coconut cookies I've ever had!

I am rather advanced in age so maybe the memory of those cookies has been romanticized by the mind of the wide-eye little girl I was at the time but I've never forgotten those crisp little beauties and every time I smell coconut I think of them.

Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon a cup of Island Coconut coffee by Green Mountain Coffee and it tasted exactly like the coconut cookies from my childhood! I stood there stunned...silently thanking God for creating man (or woman) who created this amazing coffee blend. I don't believe I've ever met anyone who loves coffee as much as I do and as much as I love it, I'll be honest and say I don't know enough about coffee to properly review it. I'll just say that it was one of the best flavored coffees I've ever had--and that is saying a lot! In fact, I love this coffee so much I felt it warranted a full blog post to hail it's greatness.

Here's how they describe Island Coconut coffee it on the Green Mountain Coffee website:

"Indulge your senses with this delightfully fragrant, tropical taste treat. We've captured the lush aroma of freshly grated coconut – fruity, fresh, exotic – and blended it with the subtle sweetness of a lightly-roasted, Central American coffee. The result is as refreshing as it is unexpected. "

Island Coconut Coffee
...Blah, blah, blah...if you say so. All I know is I never want to be without this coffee...lol. From what I understand it is a seasonal product offered only in spring and customers are pleading with the company to sell it year round. Consequently, it is not currently available on their website. I found a few people selling it on Ebay--but only in K cups/pods. I prefer to make my coffee in a full pot so I haven't purchased one of those single-cup coffee brewers. If you like flavored coffees and happen to see this coffee at a supermarket or specialty store, try it. I'm on the hunt to find more of this stuff--hopefully I can find bags instead of the pods...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this post!