Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I wanted to take a few moments to wish all of the Moms in the Love With Food community a happy Mother's Day!  It's a wonderful thing to be acknowledged for all of the love, guidance and nurturing we provide all year long.

This is such a special time for me.  My one and only child is grown and lives out of state.  It's difficult being so far away from him today but we had long phone conversations yesterday and today and he sent me a special gift.  It's amazing how time flies.  Seems like it was just yesterday...he was four years old and totally smitten with all things football-related.  Now he's 27 and I imagine it won't be too long before he has a family of his own. :>)

The hardest thing about being away from Justin is that I can't see his face light up with glee when I place a plate of food in front of him.  He has always been a good eater--even as a child.  I never had a problem getting him to eat anything.  Except, there was that one time when he and his dad simultaneously feigned disgust at my beets a la 'orange...lol.  I'll never forget the looks on their faces.  Justin loves my cooking and I miss cooking for him.

I hope all of you have enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day with your families and have received the love and pampering you so richly deserve. I also hope you were able to embrace every moment of this beautiful time as kids grow up so quickly and before you know it they have flown the nest.

Feel free to leave a comment to share your experiences, celebrations and of course, the wonderful food you enjoyed today.  We'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. My Mom is the Mom I wanted the world to see. The Love, Life, Laughter that's inside Her,yes She gave so much to me. To be able to talk to Her about anything and everything in my Heart allows me to be the man I needed to be. To all the Great Wonderful Mom's that God has Bless to be.We LOVE You all and that comes all of us because You are the worlds key.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Frederick, thank you for the beautiful sentiments! Yes, we were blessed to have your Mom as our role model for light and love! I miss her too--as well as my own mother. I know our moms are smiling down on us and I know they are proud of the loving, responsible adults we've grown to be. :>)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts on this post!