Wednesday is ruled by Mercury and Virgo and is associated with the color Orange. The color orange is linked to our emotions and is widely known for it's ability to inspire happiness and joy!
Orange influences healing in a variety of physical and emotional areas of our bodies (stimulates the appetite, improves digestion, is associated with the assimilation of food; helps the stomach, lower back, pelvic and kidney health; sexuality, personal power and more).
Orange foods are, in my opinion, some of the yummiest foods available--not to mention the fact that they contain high amounts of vital antioxidants--carotenoids, beta-carotene, Vitamin C--which help destroy toxic cells and repairs some cellular damage.
So, in honor of Wednesday, and because you may now have a little more information about why you should eat plenty of orange foods, I thought it would be fun to list some of my favorite orange foods, drinks, spices, etc. and link the foods to any recipes I've posted on the blog if applicable.
My Favorite Orange Foods
- Butternut squash
- Cinnamon Matcha Green Tea Latte
- Ginger Detox Chicken Salad
- Oranges Citrus Remoulade Sauce
- Orange Juice
- Orange Peppers
- Paprika Lemon Pepper Wings Skillet Fried Potatoes
- Pumpkin Pumpkin Ravioli/Chicken/Matcha Cream Sauce
- Peaches Detox-Tini
- Sweet Potatoes Orange-Beets/Sw Potatoes Three Potato Salad Whole Wheat Sw Potato Pancake
- Turmeric Black Bean & Corn Salad Sauteed Kale